Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Return of the Quick Tips Linky - Yay!!!

 
I'm linking up with Jean at Diving into 2nd Grade to celebrate the return of her (and Angela's) Classroom Quick Tips Linky.  I loved this linky!  It gave me SO many ideas last year!
 
The quick tip I'm sharing today actually comes from another blogger but I have started using this year and my kids LOVE it!
This baby comes from Leslie at First Grade and Flip Flops.  She came up with a bunch of adorable and catchy attention grabbers.  The cool thing is that you don't have to use the same one all the time.  You can change it up to keep the kids on their toes!
 
So far our favorites are: "All set?  You bet!", "Red Robin . . . Yum!", and "Peanut Butter . . . Jelly Time!" 
 
So here is how I use it:
 
I have four tables in my classroom.  Each table has a bookshelf that holds all of the students' materials.  I posted this "Attention" sign in a sheet protector to the backside of each bookshelf.  If I use a grabber the kids don't know the response to, they just have to look at their own copy.
 
I use sheet protectors in other places in my room so that I can easily change out the paper while still protecting it from the sticky, grubbiness that is elementary school!
 
Here, I'm using it to show the students what level books they can get out of my classroom library.  As the year progresses, the kids move up in level.  So I just need to change the colors, print it out and stick it into the protector.
 
So head on back to Diving into 2nd Grade and link up!  I can't wait to steal borrow so great new classroom tips!
 
 
~Stacy
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love attention grabbers! We just started the Tuesday after Labor Day, so I've just been doing, "Class? Yes." but I think I'll try a new one next week! Thanks for linking up!

    Angela :)
    Hippo Hooray for Second Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do Class? Yes. in my class too. I try to do different variations of that like "classy-class" and "class-boom-bah". Attention grabbers are so fun ( and more fun in my opinion than the claps some teachers do.) Thanks for linking up with us!
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete